Thursday, May 14, 2009

i miss my green monster... badly..

On Thursday, April 30, 2009, sometime between the minutes of 2:00pm and 2:10pm my beloved bike was stolen. It was parked/locked right in front of one of the entrances to the Time Warner building on the corner of Broadway and 60th St. It was chained to the walk/don't-walk post. I believe a tall, dark or tan-skinned man wearing a lavender top, black pants, white sneakers, a hat; carrying a simple green [~12"x12"?] bag, stole my bike. I believe a light-skinned man wearing all black, sitting and texting very close to my bike [facing it actually], may have been his accomplice.

About my bike:
--brand/model: Fuji Sagres
--year: I don't know what year it is exactly but I'm thinking maybe 2003 [otherwise 2004-05]
--color: Emerald green. White/silver lettering.
--condition: Very good. not rusty. still good paint. fairly new tires, chain/bracket.
--handle bars: Flat with slight u. ends have silver, slightly-curved horns.
--shifters: GripShift.
--grips: Translucent whitish, cut at ends because the bike originally had lever shifters.
--stem: Adjustable.
--# speeds: 24.
--seat: mongoose [from previous bike], plain, black.
--tires: Bontrager, thin.
--pedals: non-click, silver.
--kickstand: yes.

Here is what my bike looks like [minus the horns at the end of the handlebars, and the black saddle]:


Every time I leave my house, I make an effort to check out every bike I pass or that passes me to see if it's MINE. Bike recovery is slim to nil but I hope to one day find MY bike nonetheless. I hope too that this thief, this criminal, breaks his legs and then his hands and then worse. My heart is broken and I think he, and the many others like him, deserve to suffer because I and others have because of their ruthless acts. Bikes are more than just metal/rubber to their owners. That is fact. Or sentimental truth.

I am interested in finding ways to make bike parking safer. I am interested in cracking down on bike theft and having criminals pay. If you too are interested, then please let me know-- together, we'll become superheroes.

I am asking for help in finding MY bike. Please be on the lookout. Please let me know anything that may lead to my bike's recovery. Please. I ask kindly. And you $hall be $ure great reward$ will be granted. Again, MY bike is so much more than just a dollar-value to me. My heart. It aches. Badly. Badly. Please help. Please be on the lookout.

No comments: